Monday, November 29, 2010

The Perfect Housewife and the No Good Really Bad Couple of Weeks

Well, maybe not so bad. I've had worse certainly, but these past few weeks have been a doozy.

Though I have accomplished much (including my entrance to the butcher shop and learning a new trick to cutting onions without crying from an online friend), it's also been a really rough few weeks. After my trip to the butcher shop on Remembrance Day, I came down with the flu bug from hell, which left me working from home for an entire week and completely isolated. Mr. V's cold returned, meaning that neither of us were up to anything more than sleeping and eating Jello for nearly a week.

That went away, but it left me weak as a ragdoll and exhausted. I'm still exhausted, and the flu has been gone for over a week now.

This exhaustion has curtailed my hot yoga and turned me into a weakling at the gym. Instead of spending 45 minutes on cardio, I was able to make it only 15 before having to get off the elliptical before I fainted. This, as I'm sure you can understand, feels like a failure. I worked very, very hard before our wedding to get up every morning and hit the gym before work, and now, four months on, I'm too exhausted in the mornings to do much more than hit the snooze button. I assume some of this is due to the cold, wet weather we are having, but it's also just a general feeling of malaise. I want to go to the gym, I really do. But I'm just too exhausted to go.

Thus far, this week has not been much better. This morning I hit snooze until it was too late to hit the gym. I am determined that tomorrow will be a better day, even if I have to put my alarm clock on the other side of the room to force me to get out of bed. If I don't go to the gym before work, I don't get to eat dinner tomorrow night until I go for a run, in the rain. That should be punishment enough for anyone, let alone The Perfect Housewife in training.

No comments:

Post a Comment