Friday, February 18, 2011

Being domesticated

This weekend, I am being a wife. I am not being an editor, I'm not being a professional.

I have had a rough couple weeks at work (hence my silence on this blog), and so, this weekend I am decompressing. I am going to bake muffins, make delicious dinners for my husband, and be a bit lazy. It will also be my birthday on Monday, so I am baking two cakes for a Sunday family dinner.

I'm also taking Mr. V to yoga with me tomorrow. As I noted late last year, I love hot yoga. It's one hour where I can forget the outside world and let my mind concentrate on nothing but my breathing. Though my flexibility is in my legs is still poor after more than a decade of horseback riding, yoga actually lets me stretch.

So, I will also be starting a 30-day yoga challenge on March 1. Every day until March 30, I will attend a yoga class. It is my hope that I will be able to return to the woman I want to be, and perhaps work on that flexibility issue.

I need to be happy, and lately the outside world is not making me happy. Thus, I must attain happiness from within. This is not to say that my husband, family and friends are not wonderful; they are, and I love them dearly. But even the Perfect Housewife has to find contentment in something other than a beautiful house, fantastic cooking and delicious baking. It is time to find happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment