Monday, September 13, 2010

Cooking again

Finally, I cooked a real meal for Mr. V and myself that didn't include soup. It was kind of exciting. Granted he's still snorking up a lung, but at least he's able to eat my cooking again.

So, today I made vegetable yaki udon. I don't eat sushi (vegetarianism and all that), so that's been what I eat when we go out for sushi. It's basically stir fried vegetables with soy sauce and black bean sauce, mixed with udon noodles that we picked up at the local Asian supermarket (a plus of living in Vancouver, with its large Asian population.)

Mr. V has made it several times, but today I made him teach me as well. This whole project is about expanding my repetoire beyond vegetable soup and spaghetti, thus I'm going to pump everyone's brain about what they like to make. And of course, who better to start with than my own husband?

A slight issue that I have discovered en route to my Perfect Housewife designation is that I, like many people, am fairly careful about what I eat. I am unfortunately not blessed with a fast metabolism that allows me to eat whatever I want and never gain weight. However, a lot of the delicious food I have been perusing recipes for are not exactly low fat or low calorie. So, a new twist on my Perfect Housewife project will be to not only cook delicious food and keep the perfect household, but also to attempt to find lower calorie alternatives that don't lack the amazing taste that wonderful chefs are able to create every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment