Friday, September 24, 2010

The curse of the puff pastry

The Perfect Housewife needs to learn to read directions. I had all these grandiose plans to make Asiago Cheese and Mushrooms En Croute, which involves frozen puff pastry (because I haven't learned how to make it myself yet), with a cheese, onion and mushroom filling. On Monday, I was very proud of myself and went to the grocery store to buy a packet of frozen pastry. Excellent, yes?

Well, it's excellent when you actually read the box. Mr. V pulled the box of pastry out last night so he could help me roll it out onto a pie plate, and discovered that you have to thaw it for five hours before you can use it. Having no desire to eat dinner at 11 p.m., we ended up eating Subway sandwiches instead of a hopefully delicious pastry.

The puff pastry is now thawing, so I will try again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment