Thursday, September 9, 2010

In the beginning...

I can't claim to be the type of woman who keeps her house clean with a smile and lays out a beautiful meal for her handsome husband every night as soon as he gets home from work. I can't even claim to have been that little girl obsessed with being the perfect homemaker from a young age, as my mother can certainly attest to.

However, I have discovered a new-found love for domestic perfection. It began when my now-husband and I moved into our first apartment, just over a year ago. Suddenly, a switch flipped in my head and I wanted to show everyone who ever doubted me that indeed, I could have a beautiful house and be the perfect hostess. That love for amazing food, perfect hostessing and a gorgeous home has only gotten stronger since our wedding, just six weeks ago.

That love has manifested itself in my new project, to become the perfect housewife. I am determined to teach myself to cook delicious food, become a great hostess who pulls off dinner parties without breaking (too much of) a sweat, and keeps a beautiful house (or apartment, in this case), all while keeping my job and social life.

While I am not a praying woman, I now put my fate in the hands of the patron saint (or domestic goddess) who deals with these types of things. Perhaps my faith would be better placed in the hands of Martha Stewart?

No comments:

Post a Comment