Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The chocolate peanut butter experiment

Chocolate and peanut butter is the best combination ever invented. Seriously.

Thus, I was extremely happy when my brother asked for a peanut butter cheesecake for his birthday, which also coincided with Thanksgiving. After at least an hour of searching my cake cookbooks and the Internet, I discovered this recipe. Ah, perfection!

I chose not to make my own cookies for the crust, since that would have taken far more time than I had. So, I used graham crackers that we reduced to crumbs in the food processor and then mixed with butter. I chilled it overnight, and then made the cheesecake itself on Saturday. Though it looked complicated, it didn't end up being as tough as I thought it would be. I also didn't include the peanut butter patties because I felt it would be peanut-buttery enough without them. I may try to make them next time though.

After being chilled overnight again, I mixed the ganache and poured it over the top before chilling it for the last time.

The cheesecake was amazing. Absolutely, one hundred percent, wonderful. It was a hit at Thanksgiving dinner, and by the end of the next day, it was completely gone. Definitely a recipe for me to make again.

No comments:

Post a Comment