Friday, October 8, 2010

Crazy bastard

As I said yesterday, I tried Fusilli alla Crazy Bastard last night. I've mentioned on this blog before that I love Mario Batali, so I was obviously excited to try this recipe, apparently inspired by him.

According to Mr. V, this was the best pasta I have ever made. Pasta is my favourite food, so it's always been something that I want to perfect, and I've attempted many a recipe in our nearly three-year relationship. Apparently this was the closest I've ever gotten to perfection.

I did find that the tomatoes didn't roast as much as I would have liked them to. I was a bit nervous by the hissing and popping sounds coming out of my oven, so I probably pulled them out a bit earlier than I should have. They were delicious (I love cherry tomatoes), but they didn't have the taste I was expecting. The sauce was also a bit thicker than I'd have liked, but that was due to the goat cheese I'm sure. Next time I would add more tomatoes to give it a bit more tomato flavour, and hopefully also give it a bit more liquid.

I will definitely make this again, and I owe another debt of gratitude to Mr. Batali.

I now enter the longest, most family-full weekend. I am in charge of two batches of spinach and artichoke dip (one for each family dinner), and two cakes, including the peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake I mentioned earlier this week.

I've definitely fallen down on my Perfect Housewife duties this week though, in that our house needs to be vacuumed and dusted, and our kitchen floor is pretty gross. Hopefully I will have a bit of time to do at least one of those things on Monday after work; time to put my soul in the hands of the domestic goddesses again.

No comments:

Post a Comment