Monday, October 18, 2010

A real cream of mushroom soup

Finally! Food and Wine has come through for me once more!

You may remember my obsession with the perfect homemade cream of mushroom soup after my fond memories of my cousins in Ireland. I tried a few weeks back with a regular mushroom soup, but had no luck when it turned out that I apparently can't read recipes, and it was just mushrooms instead of the all important CREAM part. Still delicious, but not what I was looking for.

However, I have finally done it. Though this soup did not turn out perfectly, it was the closest I have ever come, and it was way better than any tinned or boxed soup I have ever tried. The one thing keeping it from perfection was that it was a lot chunkier than I had hoped for, and there wasn't quite enough broth. Both of these issues are easy to fix though, with the addition of more vegetable broth and perhaps sticking the soup in a blender instead of the food processor.

Either way an excellent addition to my recipe book, and certainly something I will try again.

Tomorrow, I attempt a panini. I may or may not be mildly terrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment