Thursday, October 7, 2010

The results

As I noted on Tuesday, I am on the quest for the perfect mushroom soup recipe. Last night, I tried this one from Food and Wine Magazine. While it was not a cream of mushroom soup (which I didn't pay attention to when I was skimming the recipe), it was still delicious.

However, making it pointed out some deficiencies in my kitchen. The recipe calls for coarsely grated potatoes, which seem easy enough until you realize that you don't have a coarse grater. I have a small grater that I've used for grating fruit zest and cheese for pasta, but there was no way it was going to work on a potato.

So, Mr. V very nicely chopped up the potato for me. It was delicious, but chunks of potato don't really dissolve like the recipe called for. A small setback, but one nonetheless.

Despite the small issue of the non-grated potato, the recipe was amazing. I took the leftovers for lunch today, and several people stopped by my office to tell me how good it smelled.

Tonight's dinner? Fusilli alla Crazy Bastard, which I'm making just because I love the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment