Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 14: Death to my abs

6 a.m. is way too early to get up for a yoga class. While I'm great in the morning (a bit lazy to get up but fine once I've washed my face and brushed my teeth), it was very very hard to get up in the dark and leave my husband sound asleep while I went out to torture my abs.

Because torture it was. While I do the occasional ab workout at the gym (though not as much as I should), this was an hour of full-on core work. It was nice to leave with that bit of soreness though, because I've always been a fan of feeling sore after a workout, provided it's not an injury type of sore. Knowing that I worked hard is a great feeling though, and so even though it was really hard to get up this morning, I did enjoy my yoga just a bit. Not enough to get up that early again unless I have to, but at least it wasn't a total waste of my time.

I am however looking forward to returning to my hot class tomorrow evening. I never expected to love it so much, but it truly refreshes me and gets those endorphins flowing, which is always something I need in my life.

That said, I got some very sad news yesterday afternoon after my last entry. My best friend and maid of honour's father was quite sick (one of the three people I mentioned last week in my appreciation post), and sadly he passed away yesterday. The family is obviously devastated, and so tomorrow evening my mom and I will be bringing over food and sympathy cards. While it was not an unexpected death, yesterday was a very sad day for everyone who knew my friend's father. He will be greatly missed. 26 is too young to lose a parent (though there is never a good age) and 26 years is definitely too short for a happy marriage.

My thoughts, love and yoga-ic intentions go out to my friend and her family today, tomorrow and every day this week. And I will be giving my friends and family some extra-long hugs this week, just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment