Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 7

It's kind of hard to believe that I have gone to yoga seven days in a row already. Though the weekend was hard, those seven days went by really quickly. I'm hoping the remaining 23 go just as fast.

Today was back to my lovely hot yoga, taught by the owner of the studio. When I took a class by him several months ago, I found I didn't enjoy it as much as I did from other instructors. Today, it was just fine, despite the chattering teenage girls and the woman who tried to leave in the middle before being told to just sit down if she was feeling faint.

I am also learning to appreciate dancer's pose, which frustrated me to no end last week. It's still very hard for me, but through repetition I'm actually able to go a bit deeper than I was at the start. It's my hope that by the end of this challenge I won't feel quite so silly with my lack of flexibility, even if I don't end up getting much farther into the pose.

I am trying to get my mother into a yoga class with me. She has a very bad hip due to a past injury, and so she wants to try a class. Unfortunately I can't really think of a good class for her to try, since hatha involves quite a bit of balancing and arm strength, and she'd die in a hot class. I will inquire at the studio tomorrow and see what they recommend. I think it would be good for her, though I don't know how well she'll do with focusing her mind on her breathing instead of day-to-day issues. I struggle with it sometimes, but slowly I'm getting better at letting things go for that hour and 15 minutes, even if it comes rushing back as soon as I get into my car.

All in all, it was a good practice today. Not the most amazing one ever, but not at all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment