Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 8: Pushing the limits

I think I'm finally pushing past exhaustion at the end of the day and getting used to my schedule. Prior to yesterday, I came home from yoga ready to just go to sleep. However, I actually have energy when I get home now, which is definitely a step towards my goal of getting more energy and not hitting that wall in the mid-afternoon.

Today was hot yoga, which I am still loving. I was worried that I would be bored after awhile, but I'm learning that even if the instructor is the same, there is a variety to every class. Much of it seems to be within myself, and I'm hoping that the remaining 22 days will still give me that feeling.

I am also aiming to appreciate the eagle pose, even if I never really enjoy it. The pose itself doesn't look very complicated, but thus far I haven't been able to do either the arm or leg movement. Perhaps this is due to my lack of flexibility, or just a lack of coordination.

Balance caused some issues to me today though, which I was very surprised by. You're supposed to use your own gaze to keep yourself upright, but today that was just not happening for me. I fell out of the balancing poses quite frequently, but if there was time I went back into the pose and tried again. Perhaps tomorrow will be better, and even if it's not, I'm almost a third of the way through my challenge, and that is something to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment