Sunday, March 20, 2011

A pause

This morning, I rolled over and went back to sleep instead of going to yoga. After overdoing it on Friday with yoga and then meeting with my personal trainer, plus not feeling well last night after eating something that didn't agree with my stomach, I didn't have the energy to get up. Instead, I will be doing two classes in a row next Saturday morning, which I'm actually kind of looking forward to.

The past two days (day 18 and 19) have been ... interesting. Friday was my usual hot class, but with a different teacher this time. Though she was very nice and her intention of vulnerability was beneficial (since I hate to show weakness in front of people and have always considered myself to be a very strong person and therefore never vulnerable), the class was full of teachers-in-training, and therefore the instructor seemed to be catering more to them than to the other members of the class. Through the past three weeks I've been working towards using the Sanskrit words for the yoga asanas, but I'm still unfamiliar with many of them. This instructor used them quite frequently in order to make sure the prospective teachers knew them, but for those of us who did not, it was kind of isolating. However, I came out of the class calm, which right now is the best thing I could ask for.

Yesterday I decided to take a hatha class, mainly due to my soreness from my gym workout the day before. I do enjoy the occasional hatha practice (though I wouldn't be able to do it every day, since I think I would get a bit bored), but this teacher was very airy-fairy and seemed to lose track of what she was doing sometimes. Now, I don't mind the bohemian type (I loved the surfer instructor last week), but when you're in the middle of a balancing pose, it's disconcerting when your instructor loses track of where you are and floats away into the clouds. I also didn't feel as challenged as I was hoping to, but I guess one day out of the 19 so far isn't too bad. I'm sure the remaining 11 classes will be challenging enough for me, as most of them are going to be hot.

It's kind of hard to believe that I only have a week and a half left on my challenge. Time has flown by, and soon I will be in Mexico on my honeymoon (26 sleeps!)

I truly cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment